Join us at the 2022 Art Off the Wall fundraiser at the Carnegie Art Center on Thursday, December 8, 6-9PM!
**This year’s event will take place in person**
See it. Buy it. Take it off the wall.
Art Off the Wall is a unique opportunity to purchase original 5×7” pieces of artwork for $20 each.
Hundreds of 5×7″ pieces of artwork will be exhibited on the main gallery wall in the Carnegie Art Center. Each piece is donated by local award winning and emerging artists committed to supporting the arts and artistic programming within our community.
The funding raised at this event will allow the Carnegie Art Center to provide important cultural and educational programming for the North Tonawanda community and beyond.
Here’s how ART OFF THE WALL works:
- Every attendee will receive 1 complimentary drink!
- Each 5×7” piece of artwork on display is numbered.
- 6-6:30PM: Preview the exhibit. Attendees will receive a “Numbered Purchasing Form” where you will write down which 5×7” artworks you would like to purchase.
- Selling begins at 6:30PM.
- Patrons will be called up in sequential order by their “Numbered Purchasing Form” to select the artwork of their choice.
- We take the artwork off of the wall for you!
- You purchase the artwork. We accept cash, check and card.
- You will have the option to get your new artwork framed on site with Five Points Framing
- We will also have a silent art auction in the East Gallery! Bidding will take place until 8PM.
General Admission: $15 admission
To be purchased at the door the night of the event. General admission allows you access to the event from 6-9PM.
CALLING ALL ARTISTS: We are now accepting artwork!
WE NEED YOU!! The success of ART OFF THE WALL relies on generous donations of your creative 5 x 7 original artwork.
All 5 x 7 art submitted must be original. Open to all media.
Please DO NOT frame or mount any artwork. Sign your artwork on the back. No glitter or un-fixed charcoal/pastel artwork please.
Please fill out the art submission form for each piece of artwork you are submitting.
Three ways to donate your work:
- Mail your artwork to the Carnegie: 240 Goundry Street, North Tonawanda, NY 14120
- Drop off your artwork during gallery hours: Wed & Thurs 6-8pm • Fri & Sat 12-4pm.
- Drop off your artwork in the mail slot in the front door of the Center anytime, even if we’re not open.
EXTENDED DEADLINE to Submit Artwork is Saturday, November 26, 2022, 12-4PM*
Thank you to this year’s Sponsors of Art Off the Wall:
The History of the “Art Off the Wall” Event:
In 2015, a group of volunteers organized this event in order to raise money so the Carnegie Art Center could re-open its doors. Since that initial year, the event has evolved into a large-scale fundraising initiative to support the Center and allow us to provide high quality arts programming for the community.
At the event, hundreds of 5×7″ artworks that were donated by national, regional and local artists are sold for $20 each. It’s a great time to gather (virtually) and reflect on the wonderful memories of when the building was home to the North Tonawanda Public Library (est. 1905) then the Carnegie Art Center. (since 1975).
This year, we need your support more than ever!