240 Goundry Street
North Tonawanda, NY 14120
Photo by Sara Heidinger.
The Carnegie Art Center History
The Carnegie was originally built in 1903 as a Library that was gifted to the City of North Tonawanda by Andrew Carnegie. The building opened in December 5, 1904 and served as a public library for over 70 years. Since 1975, the building has functioned as the Carnegie Art Center providing artistic programming for the North Tonawanda community and beyond. The building features many of the original architectural features from 1904 and is listed on the State and National Register of Historic Sites.
The purpose of the Carnegie Art Center is to sponsor, promote and encourage the development of visual and performing arts. The Carnegie Art Center provides educational and cultural enrichment to the Western New York region.
Kimberly Renda Vosler- President
Jessica Brosius – Vice President
Claudia G. Brown – Treasurer
Alanna L. Pohl – Secretary
Daniel E. Brick
Samantha E. Katus
Susan C. Reeder
Bryan S. Smith